Gibbongirl

When Gibbongirl goes bananas hilarity results. Read on for the adventures, mishaps, and slip-ups that seem to define my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Burn Baby, Burn!

So, ok I went to the beach today. Its crazy that its November and we can still go to the beach and not freeze to death. Oh no, we had great weather, the sun was out, there was a slight breeze, there were even some waves to jump through. Did I mention the sun was out? We had music and soda, played catch and soccer and swam and talked and had a blast. Unbeknownst to us innocent beach goers those evil sun rays were attacking our fragile skin, ok, ok, my fragile skin since I was the whitest person there. I swear I put on suntan lotion, I know I did. Although looking back I don't think it was waterproof like my friend Pao said it was supposed to be. Which was bad since the first thing we did at our 4 hour beach trip was jump in the ocean. So the sun raged on in an unprovoked battle for 3 hours 58 minutes against my white white (not even off white, or mother of pearl white) white white skin, which was unprotected from our primary's harsh rays. And let me tell you...the sun won... big time...there were no surviving white skin cells. My face is like unto an overripe cherry tomato, and if lobster were on the menu my back would be the main course. We won't even discuss my legs which haven't even seen the sun since the mid 90's--I'm sure you can imagine the pain. To remedy my "suntan lotion" situation, I had to go to the store, which was painful in and of itself, to buy aloe vera with lidocain and some special lip balm. Don't you just love people at the store? As I was standing in line trying to pay, the lady behind me said, "Looks like someone got some sun, heh, heh." My first reaction was really how could you tell, was it the fact that I looked like I had colored every inch of my skin with a red crayola marker, or was is the heat you could feel emanating from body at least 3 feet away... Of course I didn't say that, only thought it, and mumbled my lame excuse "I put suntan lotion on" and tried to joke it off, but you know how those grocery store line conversations go...As I was leaving I heard the line lady tell the cashier "ouch, that looks painful." Yup,.... yup it is. Don't recommend it, not one bit. So now I'm waiting for the lidocain to kick in, hoping the Advil works, reapplying the lip balm and planning my next outing. I'm thinking....someplace dark....with lots and lots of airconditioning.

1 Comments:

Blogger www.jsayreallen.com said...

you have a gift! keep it up!! I thought that it is funny that the only people that don't have web sites or blogs (besides sabrina) are chris and nick! The two computer nerds! Well... computer users...... anyways. They both need them. I will promptly get on their case!!
I have linked your blog on my website too!! love you!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home