Gibbongirl

When Gibbongirl goes bananas hilarity results. Read on for the adventures, mishaps, and slip-ups that seem to define my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Adventure #1

Even though this is titled "Adventure #1," it is not my first adventure (boy is it not my first...sigh...), only the first since the beginning of this here blog. I am in the process of moving about 4 hours away from my current location. Over the weekend was the big trip to move all my stuff. You know its amazing, I moved across the country with all my stuff jammed in a little car, but to move 4 hours away I had to rent a U-haul truck--when did I accumulate so much stuff, I'm not sure. So anyways everything was fine and dandy going up.... until we pulled into the parking lot of the apartment complex. As I was trying to find the right building in what was a labyrinth of apartment buildings my car stalled five times...in a row, my car is an automatic-its not supposed to stall. That was only the beginning. After unloading everything and returning the overly expensive truck, we had some dinner and were on our way. After driving for a while we realized that we had gotten on the wrong freeway to come home, it was still going south but ended up taking us on a 30 minute detour before connecting us back to the freeway that we needed to be on. Which would have been ok, only it connected us 15 miles from where we began... We kept on driving, kept on driving when all of a sudden the car started to vibrate... alot... then we heard a kind of popping noise and quickly pulled over. Yup, you guessed it: tire troubles; the thread was barely hanging on to one of the back tires. Luckily we had a spare and even more luckily we were stopped literally feet in front the "last exit for 40 miles" sign. So we go into town to try to find somewhere to buy a new tire, cause the spare is good for what, 50 miles? And we were only half way home. NO place was open, not even Walmart! So, we decide that since we don't want to stay in this town overnight, we would risk it and continue on our way home. So now we're driving along, slowly but surely, driving along when all of a sudden the engine light comes on and the car stalls out again! We quickly pull over to the side of the road and do the requisite check, make sure there is oil, not over heated, etc. etc. Don't know whats wrong, but the car starts again and we continue to slowly drive on. We decide to buy more gas and take a break. While there at the gas station the restroom facilities were used,.... come to find out there were no locks on the door... need I say more? Embarrassment ensued, 'nough said. Chocolate was purchased and we continued on the way home. You know those cartoons were everything goes wrong and the cartoon character finally gives up and kicks the car and the car explodes or shatters into a pile of rubbish? Well I didn't kick the car, didn't want to chance it, but I did consider it... Finally, hours later we were able to make it home. And this concludes Adventure #1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home